Interested contributors are invited to send an extended abstract or a full paper to email@example.com by June 10th, 2021.
Extended abstracts should contain a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,500 words. Extended abstracts can contain figures, tables and/or images which are not included in the word count. Full papers (optional) should not exceed 8,000 words, inclusive of the abstract (maximum 250 words), tables, references, figure, etc.
We welcome contributions that are related, but not limited, to the following themes:
• Smart cities: between digital technologies and social inclusiveness
• Industrial districts, clusters and regions in sustainability transition
• Artificial intelligence, big data and places
• 4.0 manufacturing and the transformation of work
• The local/international dimension of Innovation networks
• Sustainable entrepreneurship and ecosystems
• Place-sensitive industrial innovation and policy
• Culture and creative industries in sustainability transitions
• The transition to sustainable tourism
• Resilience and sustainability of places in a post pandemic scenario
• The local/global dimension of inequalities: economic, gender, digital dimension.
Members of the community that are willing to organize a special session within the workshop are kindly invited to send an email to the local organizers before the 14th of May, including a description of the contents of the session and a list of the participants.
We encourage submissions from scholars, practitioners, innovators and leaders who are forging ahead with strategies to shift towards sustainability and technological change. We welcome contributions that develop innovative approaches in concepts, theory, methods or analysis and have deep or broad implications to inform place sensitive strategies for sustainable and technological transitions in a network society.