The deadline for abstract submission is expired. We have received around 100 contributions and we are working on the program for the conference in September!!
We welcome contributions that are related, but not limited, to the following themes:
• Smart cities: between digital technologies and social inclusiveness
• Industrial districts, clusters and regions in sustainability transition
• Artificial intelligence, big data and places
• 4.0 manufacturing and the transformation of work
• The local/international dimension of Innovation networks
• Sustainable entrepreneurship and ecosystems
• Place-sensitive industrial innovation and policy
• Culture and creative industries in sustainability transitions
• The transition to sustainable tourism
• Resilience and sustainability of places in a post pandemic scenario
• The local/global dimension of inequalities: economic, gender, digital dimension.
- Rethinking paths in/and clusters, organised by Sebastian Fastenrath, Robert Hassink and Michaela Trippl
- Regional Clusters and International Business in a de-globalizing world, organised by Dinora E. Floriani and Mohamed Amal
Members of the community that are willing to organize a special session within the workshop are kindly invited to send an email to the local organizers before the 14th of May, including a description of the contents of the session and a list of potential interested participants.
We encourage submissions from scholars, practitioners, innovators and leaders who are forging ahead with strategies to shift towards sustainability and technological change. We welcome contributions that develop innovative approaches in concepts, theory, methods or analysis and have deep or broad implications to inform place sensitive strategies for sustainable and technological transitions in a network society.
RC 2021 will be held ONLINE on Zoom platform.